Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dc1042nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've a problem (more or less) like that explained in this previous topic.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Omen-15-WASD-zone-not-lighting-up/m-p/7496112#M256...

I've updated Windows and bios. I can turn on and off backlight using F4 (no by Command Center. My laptop as not compatible for this feature) but the area of keyboard "WASD" has not lighting up.

I've tried with the solution suggested in the topic previous mentionated. I've eliminated all keyboards present in the Device Manager and set to default the bios values. No succes for my case.
Some one can suggest other solution?

Thanks a lot at all

Vincent A.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@TrudTilp Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that WASD keyboard lightning is not working.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I suggest you first uninstall the software completely from the control panel > programs 

Next, run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Then download the latest Omen Command Center from this Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196 Thanks a lot for you help but the problem is still there.

I tried all steps you suggest to me but WASD keyboard area stay light off. Only for information, OMEN Control software can not control the setup the keyboard light of my laptop. This feature in not supported on my laptop model.

20200517_115022.gif

HP Recommended

@TrudTilp

I understand your concerns.

Please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen196,

I've already updated the laptop bios at last version available before publishing this topic.
I tried to boot the laptop by my "zero hour" hdd copy on external ssd with thunderbolt connection and the keyboard situation still the same. No ligth for the WASD zone.
I think is another problem.

HP Recommended

@TrudTilp 

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I also have the same problems and (because O have been reading here) more users beside us. Please make a solution.

HP Recommended

Sorry guys but I think that the HP support is the only way to solve this problem. At this point imo the problem is hardware and not a software configuration. This is my second HP laptop I need to send at their support.  😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.