Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought a brand new HP Omen 16 a few months back and I in the last few weeks I have noticed a dramatic drop in performance when doing anything that using the GPU. From checking the hardware tool in windows I can see the main RX6600M GPU is being disabled with a code 43 ! I have tried to resolve this with a bios update, removing the drivers through DDU and reinstalling both the HP drivers and also the adrenaline drivers with no success....

This was not the cheapest laptop and from looking at other forum posts I am not the only one having these stupid issues. It appears the only way to resolve the issue is for a replacement to be provided however I cannot contact HP as it was purchased through a third party (Currys UK) and currys are unable to assist as they don't see an issue which there obviously is they are just not trained to identify them in store....

What are my options because at the moment I've been sold a faulty product and I am extremely unhappy !

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am in the same boat, except mine is slightly out of warranty period. Can't even buy a replacement main board to solve the problem, only real parts available through the HP Parts store is the WLAN card for this model.

But hey, you've got a really expensive simple laptop now, same as me.  At least it still works for that.

Worst Gaming Laptop Ever confirmed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.