Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0522na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I launch omen command centre and click literally anything in the app I get the following error. As a result, I cannot get out of gaming mode and my fans are super loud!

I have tried to reinstall the app and also downloaded my laptop model-specific drivers as advised in a similar thread. 

any help would be much appreciated. 

model: OMEN by HP - 15-dc0522na

Screenshot_12.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Ixhaaq 

You say you uninstalled the OCC from Windows and reinstalled from the MS Store, correct?

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

And you also installed this app (this is the "Newest Version", not in the HP drivers page)..

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

and reinstalled this...

OMEN Command Center SDK Package   sp98588.exe

Then you have to reboot and go to Windows Updates and run the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

If any are installed, reboot and manually check it again.

If the error still exists, go to the App in the Start Menu and right click on it. Go to More... and click on Run as Administrator.

Does this help any?

HP Recommended

Did everything you said. updated windows also. When launching the app with the administrator, and clicking default, app force closes without the error messgae. Opening without admin privileges results in the same error message, unfortunately. it used to be the message came up after many clicks, but recently it's just been one. Unfortunately, it sounds like a jet engine when launching chrome in my lecture theatre!!

HP Recommended

Do you know how to revert windows back to a restore point? Im on my cell at the moment or i would give a link to the instructions. Im guessing when your system updated something corrupted. 

HP Recommended

I had the same error I just updated my NVIDIA drivers through geforce experience and secondly reinstalled Omen command center and then through task manager enabled the start up of the omen command center.

HP Recommended

To do what MadeInBanana is suggesting, type Services in the Search Bar and hit Enter.

Scroll down to HP Omen HSA Services and make sure its set to Running -  Automatic.

HP Omen HSA.JPG

IF none of the above works, I think you might have to try a restore point if that is enabled.

Here is the link explaining.

System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.