Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0030ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I purchased an HP OMEN 15 2018 dc0030ca laptop with 144hz display, and in the NVIDIA control panel I was able to check the Enable GSYNC option, as well as the display saying that it was GSYNC capable. However, I'm a little confused because it does not feature GSYNC on the HP page; does this mean that my laptop somehow secretly has GSYNC? Because if it does, that's quite the pleasant surprise! I hope someone from HP can clear this up for me!

https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=4BQ16UA&opt=ABL&sel=NTB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Each country has different hours for support contact options. You may have to wait for business hours to reach chat.

But If the panel says its capable then I would say you are good to go.

Some panels are capable and it wouldnt state it is, if its not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @atarashii

Like you, I want to see things in writing. But I cannot find any documentation stating it specifically has a Gsync Panel installed. Only that its 144hz.

But HP has not listed the parts in their Parts Surfer pages yet either, so I cannot look up part numbers for those panels.

HP states that selected models come with Gsync capable panels, but they don't specify which ones.

I would contact HP Support directly and see if they can tell you more information.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

As far as the Gsync check box in the Nvidia control panel goes, that enables the feature if you connect an external Gsync monitor to the laptop, and/or if the built in panel is actually Gsync capable.

So that check box will be there regardless.

HP Recommended

In simple word NO!

HP Recommended

Hello, @Photoray002 thank you for the reply!

In the Nvidia Control Panel, it labels my laptop display as "GSYNC Capable", similar to this:

Does this mean that I do have GSYNC?

I am trying to see if I can contact HP Support directly through email/chat, but on the HP Canada Support site it keeps redirecting me to common Questions and Answers or the Virtual Assistant. Is there an email I can use?

Thank you so much for the help!

HP Recommended

Each country has different hours for support contact options. You may have to wait for business hours to reach chat.

But If the panel says its capable then I would say you are good to go.

Some panels are capable and it wouldnt state it is, if its not.

HP Recommended

Great! Thank you so much again! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.