Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0005ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Other options are missing on my OMEN command centre and just have the Game stream. I would like to change the lighting setup for my keyboard and to have the same previous options (shown below image) on my command center.

c06198051.png

Tried to look for update option thru MS store but no options but to get it but it once done, it will just open the same command center.

My OMEN command center version is 7.4.2.0

OMEN-commandcenter.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@melodicarvi

Let's try Performing Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool..

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@melodicarvi
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

Let's try these steps -

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for OMEN Command Center. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) Restart the computer. 
5) Install the OMEN Command Center from this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded the driver from the link you share and installed it but I got the error below:issue1.PNG

HP Recommended

@melodicarvi

Let's try Performing Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool..

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After downloading the windows update and installed HP Support Assistant, I was able to successfully update my BIOS. after BIOS update, I checked for Windows update again and then updates from HP Support Assistant. Tried to search OMEN Command Center in Windows store and installed it again. Now, I have the same options I had before. Thanks for your support. 🙂

OMEN.PNG

HP Recommended

@melodicarvi

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ummm i've followed all of this, but still nothing change. what should i do? the options was gone after a couple of updates before.

it still looks like thisit still looks like this

HP Recommended

Make sure you run windows update first and download all updates and install it. Once done download hp support assistant and download required update. It will ask you to restart the system then BIOS update should happen. Good luck! 

HP Recommended

so i just got my new computer today. i had 3 diffrent functions in omen command center. then i saw this post and i followed the first example of how to fix it. which i did not realize was not the right think.

i click the link. press download the software. opens the file. it runs cmd. it closed cmd. i get a prompt that i will be logget out of windows in 1 minute.

i then quickly restart computer and find all the files i can and deletes them.

what happened?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.