Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION GAMING 15 ec-1052AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO OVERCLOCK RYZEN 5 4600H IN HP PAVILION GAMING 15 ec-1XXX ? IS IT POSSIBLE ? RYZEN MASTER AND OMEN OVERCLOCKING IS NOT AVAILABLE BUT I WANT TO ADD JUST 100 - 200 MHz TO INCREASE BOOST CLOCK 4.1 GHz - 4.2 GHz IN MY PROCESSOR . BIOS IS LOCKED AS HP NEVER PROVIDES OVERCLOCKING OPTIONS EXECPT EXTREME PRO GAMING LAPTOPS . NO THIRD PARTY APP SUITS ME  .  CPU BENCHMARKS SHOW ME POOR PERFORMANCE BELOW THAN IT'S AVERAGE AND MY LAPTOP'S SOFTWARE IS COMPLETELY CLEAN AND IN IT'S TOP SPEED .  SO I WANT HARDWARE BOOST .

SdH
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SayandeepHaldar

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to overclock the CPU on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

There are no options in the computer to overclock the CPU. However, you can use third party tools and overclock the CPU at your own discretion.

NOTE: HP doesn’t recommend overclocking the CPU.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I HAVE TRIED MANY THIRD PARTY TOOLS SUCH AS RYZEN CONTROLLER , MSI AFTERBURNER , CPU - Z , RYZEN MASTER BUT AFTERALL WHATEVER I DO FOR CPU OVERCLOCKING THROUGH THIRD PARTY TOOLS , IT FAILED TO BRING ANY EFFECT TO MY COMPUTER SINCE I BENCHMARK MY CPU AND I GET TO SEE THAT SCORES ARE ALWAYS SAME AND THE MAXIMUM CLOCK SPEED IS ALSO THE SAME . HOWEVER , I CAN ONLY OVERCLOCK MY GPU , BUT THE THING I WANT IS TO OVERCLOCK MY CPU BY ONLY ABOUT 100 - 200 MHz .

SdH
HP Recommended

@SayandeepHaldar

As informed earlier there is no tool or option from HP to overclock the computer.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.