Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been forced by windows 10 Update to update the Bios 😞 so now I am using F.06.

RIP F.01.

In Bios i checked the Always on parameter. In this mode, the temperature is relatively stable because the fan is running in background. For me the sound of the fan is "acceptable", even if I would prefer to revert to the F.01 bios behavior.

If I disable this feature (Fan always on)  in Bios. The fan is totally quiet but during a very short periods of time. It is spinning very fast every 5 minutes for a relatively period of time. I tried every single option in Omen Command Center nothing changes. I am not playing games. Just using Office Applications. Imagine if I was playing.

I noticed that Hp removed Bios update for my Omen Laptop...! Strange isn't it?

really I miss the initial Bios F.01 behavior. I have been warned by friends not to update my Bios I should have listen to them. 😞

This fan spinning noice, makes me crazy. And it's historical with HP products.

And the product group do not provide us any solution to improve this situation. Is this forum red by someone from HP ?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have indeed turned off "fan always on" in bios. The problem is the fan behaviour. I would suggest the following changes to be implemented in the next bios update:

- Keep fans turned off up until CPU exceeds 55 degrees C.

- When running fans, use both right and left fans, but at low RPM, to increase overall airflow. Right now, it's only the left fan running most of the time. Right fan seems to be activated by GPU only.

There is a high-pitched noise coming from the fan(s) that might be RPM related, so a slightly lower RPM may change the noise profile a lot.

I mean, it seems ridiculous that a laptop in 2020 needs to run noisy fans when just writing a document or reading a text-only webpage. My iphone and ipad don't need a fan to do these things...

HP Recommended

Does anyone knows what is the logic of the fans in Omen 15 2020? Is the RPM related with heat, usage or watt? I cannot find out when fans start to roar, it can happen on all temperatures...

HP Recommended

After reading some replies here, it seems like I have the same problem on HP Pavilion Gaming 15

Link to my topic:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Max-fan-speed-at-HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-boot/m-p/78604...

Is it really a feature? It was perfectly fine for a month and now I keep getting it for 6th day in a row, it's very annoying and doesn't feel like feature. Temps are fine, 34 max on idle (both CPU and GPU).

HP Recommended

I have the same impression that my newly bought Omen should not make so much noise when it is not running anything. I can even feel the strong vibration across the whole laptop when I´m just typing a text file. It is quite distracting and disappointing.

In my case, it came with BIOS version F.04. Should I roll back to F.01 as well? 

Is there any configuration that can be controlled to make it more quiet? Maybe dropping performance somewhere?

HP Recommended

Hello, I have to complain too regarding fan behavior.

Setup:

EN0009nl

4800h

1650ti

bios F.07 with FAN Always ON = False

Fans are always spinning if laptop is plugged and it is idle, plus sometimes they start spinning till their maximum speed and suddently they return to the minimum rotating speed. Totally nonsense.

CPU temp is around 55° when I say the laptop is idle.

I don't know what to do, I tryed every config. All sw up to date.

HP Recommended

Hi. I am also facing fan problem in my  15-en0002nw (ryzen 5 gtx 1660 Ti) Bios updateed to F.07.  Thermals are great but there is one really annoying thing. When 'fan always on' disabled in BIOS it works quiet until it gets around 55deg. Then fan turns on - this is ok. But to turn fans off agan it had to be colled down to around 34 degree. This is HUGE threshold. I only acheaved it by moving it outsied (winter time) Please do something with that !

HP Recommended

@Lookasz, I am facing your same behavior.

Laptop is quiet till it reaches 55° (easy to reach) and then left fan start spinning with too high speed (annoying noise). Fan stays on until laptop reaches down 35° (that means you have to leave it unused for 10 minutes with no processes).

In my case I am always working between 40° and 60°, so left fan is always spinning. The temperatures are always really low and laptop never gets hot externally but crap it is too loud!

The problems are:

-the temperature threshold (like you said) to deactivate fan

-the non-optimized rotating speed when load is low (I fear that the fan is little and speed must be high to guarantee correct flow)

I am testing NotebookFanControl but no profiles are able to control in a right way our laptop at the moment.

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc

HP Recommended

Fan logic is really bad and needs improvement with next BIOS. Also XMP support should be added...

HP Recommended

I just purchased the 2020 HP Omen 15 laptop with the following specs off Amazon about a week ago.

2020 HP OMEN Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD

I've literally only installed Microsoft Office 365 suite and a few other applications for work use. The FAN always on feature in the BIOS is set to off, but even on idle, with nothing going on, you can hear the left side fan working. It's not super loud or anything, but seems excessive, especially under idle. Coming from a Samsung Notebook 9, the fans only got to that speed if I was running a good amount of applications. Is this really a major issue based solely on the latest BIOS updates? Looking back a few months ago, it seems you used to be able to control the fans in the OMEN command center, but now that's completely gone? Might be returning this and going with a different company if that's the case. Should really only hear these fans kick in under a decent amount of load... not idle or very minimal application use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.