Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I got my Omen 15 laptop a year or so ago. when I discovered light studio I immediately made a cool keyboard light setup. (See image #1)(Before I got vector wireless mouse) Everything was ok, until recently when I got my wireless vector mouse and added RBG lights to it (See image #1), and a day after I used it when i turned on my keyboard it was the default standard lighting (See image #2). I have no idea what caused this. (Something to add is that after a day or so of using it it also not connected with my computer, yet i can still use it to move my cursor it says that is is disconnected (The dongle is right next to my mouse and last time I checked which was a day ago it was 80% full) (See image #3) (Also to note that the omen gaming hub application is being incredibly slow, taking seconds to click on something.). All those problems occurred a day after I got my mouse

Pic #1Pic #1Pic #2Pic #2Pic #3Pic #3

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @BouncingElf10 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing issues with your omen gaming hub application after connecting it to a vector wireless mouse. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

Could you try connecting another wireless mouse and check if the issue persists?

Also, I would suggest you please reinstall the Omen gaming hub application and check. You can follow the steps shared below once you remove it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3912817-3737596-16 

You may also follow other steps mentioned in the same link and let me know the outcome of it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for replying! thankfully I resolved this issue by restarting my computer but if any issues arise again I will consult with you or this website again. 

Still, thanks so much for putting time in your day for me. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello! I have a question and i cant find the answer on the internet. I own a vector wireless gaming mouse and i have a macro set to right-click every 625 Ms but after 5-ish minutes the lights on my vector mouse turn off and with that my macro also turns off. I thought this was because power saving mode was on but when I turned it off it still turned off after 5-ish minutes. if there is an solution please tell me.

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Sure.

I am happy that the issue is resolved. If there is anything in the future, you may contact us here.

Regarding the mouse issue. You can solve this problem by going to device manager and there under Universal Serial Bus Controllers(USB) , go to Generic USB hub and click on its properties and then under the tab power management uncheck the (Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power). And save the changes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello! Thanks for the reply, I have a question. When I go in device manger and under Universal Serial Bus controllers I do not see "Generic USB" As an option.  I have 3 options (out of 9) that say "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" did you mean that?

Here are the other options if it helps:

Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

NVIDIA USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller

USB Composite Device

USB Composite Device

USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)

USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)

USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)

And that's the whole list of options. Hope this helps!!

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

In that case, use the first USB Root Hub in the list, and proceed further.

Let me know how it goes.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! i seem to have run into an issue. I turned the 1st Root hub off but that didn't seem to work. then I decided to turn them all off, but even then it still turns off after a few mins. When I turn the Root Hub off should I also turn the power saving mode in the omen control centre? That's all I can think of that could maybe help...

I really hope you can fix this. Already thanks in advance, you've been the nicest help support that I've met in a loooong time!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for saying that. 

You can also try turning the power saver mode ON. Let me know how it goes.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying but sadly y tried using power saving mode on and off, with the device manager, power management switched off, and it still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 

(Just saying if this might help, the application I'm using the macro in is Minecraft.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.