Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-DC0030nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm planning on upgrading the screen of my Omen to a 144Hz display. However, since it ships with a 60Hz 1080p panel, the 30 pin connector will have to be replaced with a 40 pin one. They display I plan to use is the LGD05C0. Where can I purchase the eDP connector that is compatible with the Omen? I assume it'll be the same one used on the Omen variants that ship with that same display.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @SteveOdds, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand you would like to upgrade the display panel to 144Hz display.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

As you are using a laptop the display assembly is not a customer replaceable part. Replacing the part will void the warranty on your laptop. 

Upgrading the is not a viable option as the display panel would cost as much as a new laptop.

However, if you still like to upgrade the parts by yourself. Please find the part details and part numbers listed below.

Display Raw panel- 15.6 in, FHD 144Hz NB L24376-001
Display cable-FHD 144 Hz/UHD, 40 pin L24384-001

Refer the laptop maintenance service guide for replacement of display assembly more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 64 for more information.

You can purchase the part from HP parts store using this link. Click Here

Hope this answers your query! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, @MrRobot! Thanks for the info!

I checked the parts on the site you linked. Unfortunately the display cable is not in stock. Like I said earlier, the panel appears to be the LGD05C0. I can get one for ~150 USD on eBay. The cable is much harder to track down, as HP doesn't provide the actual model number, just the part number used internally at both their parts websites. Is there somewhere else I can purchase it directly? Or do you have a timeline for when you guys will have it in stock?

Thanks again for your reply, the service manual will be very useful if I decide to go through with this.

HP Recommended

@SteveOdds, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I'm afraid not and that's the only site which has HP genuine parts.

However, you can try searching online for the parts.  

Also, the part numbers I have shared are dedicated to your PC. So you have to replace the parts with correct one or the display might not work.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.