Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0013ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP omen 15. My battery had gotten swollen so i replaced it with a new battery. However, after the repair, my laptop doesn't turn on without plugging in a charger. Once on, it works perfectly without plugging in a charger, except when i launch games, or do any heavy task like video editing, where the Laptop shuts down automatically. And then i have to plug in the charger again to turn it on.

I had tried battery check, manual battery calibration, and reinstall battery driver

Please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tajweed,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're dealing with a couple of different issues with your HP Omen 15 laptop after replacing a swollen battery. Here are some steps you can consider to further diagnose and possibly resolve the issue:

Check the Battery Connection: Since the battery is new, double-check to ensure that the battery is correctly and securely connected to the motherboard. Sometimes, connections might not be fully seated, which could cause intermittent power issues.

Inspect the New Battery: The new battery itself could potentially be faulty or not fully compatible with your laptop. If you have a way to test the battery using another similar laptop or a multimeter, this could help verify its condition. Additionally, ensure the battery specifications match exactly with your original battery (voltage, capacity, and physical size).

Review Power Management Settings: Go into your laptop's BIOS settings and Windows Power Management settings to make sure there aren't any settings that could be affecting the battery's performance. Sometimes, settings related to battery health or power conservation might need adjustment after a battery replacement.

Monitor Battery Health: Since you've already tried checking the battery and performing manual calibration without success, consider using a third-party tool like HWMonitor or BatteryBar to get a more detailed look at the battery's health and performance.

Check the Power Adapter and Port: Ensure your charger and charging port are functioning correctly. A failing power adapter or a damaged port could cause the laptop to behave unpredictably under load.

Heavy Load Shutdown: The fact that your laptop shuts down during gaming or heavy tasks could indicate a power delivery issue from the battery under high load. This might be due to the new battery not being able to supply enough current as required by high-performance tasks. This could also be related to thermal shutdowns if the internals are getting too hot. Check the internal temperatures using software like HWMonitor.

Update BIOS and Drivers: Check for any BIOS updates from HP that might address battery management issues. Also, make sure all your system drivers, especially chipset and power management drivers, are up to date.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.