Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My omen 16 amd ryzen 7, amd radeon graphics keep crashing every 10-15 min with almost every single game!! I spent lot of money in this laptop only to find out it cant work.. I download multiple times all the drivers and actualizations.. I went to the store where I bought it and they told me its just the computer, and they could not help me.. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Nicolope

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that your system keeps crashing while playing games. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

May I know if you have upgraded the hardware on your system?

Could you also name the games you play?

Keep me posted. 

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Sorry the delay, I thank for your quick response.

I had this issue from the day one I bought it, the only changes I have done were downloading the drivers and windows updates. I haven't done any changes on the hardware.

I play steel division, total war games, civilization games, regiments,.. all the game crash between 15 and 30 min, unless I put them on very low graphic quality, and turn on max velocity of the fan, and then I can play longer until eventually they crash. Is so frustrating, and I have spent so much money on this notebook 😞

HP Recommended

Use the following steps to disable a specific update. Let me know how it goes.

Either uninstall the driver and install the working version or rollback the driver.

Open the device manager.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

Select Device Manager in the menu.

Figure : Example of Device Manager

• Device Manager

Double-click a device type (for example, double-click Display Adapters) to view the devices in that category.

To rollback the driver, right-click, on the graphics drivers and select Properties. Click the Driver tab, and then select Rollback Driver.

Download Microsoft's Show or Hide updates tool.

Run the tool and wait while it scans for updates to be installed on the computer.

Choose Hide Updates.

A list of updates displayed. Select the faulty driver in the list.

The driver version will no longer be installed automatically by Windows Updates.

If the issue persists then go to 1. Control panel >> Programs >>Uninstall a program.

2. On the left side, click on "View installed updates". This will give a list of installed updates. 

3. In the list, check for all Microsoft updates that happened on that particular day when the FPS dropped again.

4. Right click on that update and select uninstall.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I cant download that windows tool, it doenst exist anymore, i did all the other steps you mentioned and it keeps crashing.. I need to turn back the note book and buy one of on other company that makes good ones! I need my money back, how can i use the 12 months guarrantee??

HP Recommended

I am really sorry about that. We’d hate for you to be stuck with a product, which does not work. We want to help you fix this.

I would suggest you please boot your system in safe mode and check if the issue persists in the safe mode. Please let me know the outcome of it. Here is a link that will help: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00806682 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.