Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-11-2022 02:19 AM
My laptops volume is changing automatically. It got so loud that I think it may have blown the right hand speaker as it became distorted and now no longer works.
I've checked the HP Support Assistant and it says all drivers are up to date. Looking on HP - Software and Driver Downloads the audio drivers for Omens only seem to be available for Windows 10 whereas I'm running Windows 11. I'm wondering if this could be the problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
08-11-2022 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
- copy/paste to following key/values pairs:
|System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )|
(2) Please report your results
08-24-2022 12:36 AM
Thank you for your reply and apologies for the delay in responding.
Microsoft Windows 11 Home
10.0.22000 build 22000
AMI F.20, 04/11/2020
I couldn't find BaseBoard model and name but have these values:
BaseBoard manufacturer: HP
BaseBoard product: 8748
BaseBoard version 05.33
08-24-2022 04:33 AM
Please follow instructions ...
(1) Update BIOS
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.37 Rev.A||32.0 MB||Aug 10, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(3) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver
|2031.15.0.1743 Rev.B||17.4 MB||Dec 14, 2020||Download|
(5) Reboot and test
(6) Please report your results
08-24-2022 08:29 AM
I strongly advise you to go back to Windows 10 as your notebook model
[ OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1521na ] is not fully tested and certified by HP for Windows 11.
(1) Backup <all> personal data (documents/pictures/videos etc...) to external USB hard drive
(2) Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10
(3) if downgrade fails ...
--->>> HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10
(4) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community