Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN X 2S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The omen command center shows the possibility to overclock the RAM from 2667 "MT/s" to 3200 "MT/s".. The system then asks you to restart the PC inmidiatly so the changes can be done.. But after restarting nothing changes.. The 2667 option is still selected and from task manager is still showing 2667 Mhz.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @hule94

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the overclocking issue. 

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

While you respond to that, try these steps - How to Overclock an OMEN Computer

Note - If the BIOS has the XMP turbo feature plus XMP memory is installed in the system, the memory can be overclocked. If the BIOS does not support the XMP turbo feature, the memory cannot be overclocked. The XMP turbo feature is required to use XMP memory to overclock the memory. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Asmita.

The model name is: 15t-dg000

It is a OMEN X by HP Laptop

Intel Core i7 9750H, and the 2080 MaxQ.

This is a screenshot of the overclocking options on the OMEN Coammand Center of my laptop.

Capture.PNG

It seems it is only for RAM memory, not for CPU, as the example of the youtube tutorial you sent.

As I said in my first post, when I select on "3200 MT/s", the software asks to restart inmediatly, it restarts twice.. in the first "restart" nothing appears on screen, and doesn't boot.. then it automatically restarts again, but after booting up, the "2667 MT/s" option is still selected and no overclocking has been performed.

Hope it is clear. Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Anibal Mendoza

HP Recommended

@hule94

Thank you for posting back. 

After reading your post I did go through product compatibility and found out that this computer does not support overclocking feature.

Click here:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497 HP OMEN Command Center ( refer to OMEN software compatible models )

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.