Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Reinstalled omen command center multiple times, and updated sdk package to 1.0.19 Rev.B via hp software and driver support. Still crashes on launch, on a restart I get the application error, "The instruction at .... referenced memory at .... the memory could not be written."

Any ideas? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

**UPDATE

So, I went threw multiple troubleshooting guides for this type of issue, ultimately I reset my laptop as a last resort, and now everything works as it should. The unfortunate thing is all the reinstalling of my games, however, I think it is worth it. 

Thanks for your help,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Eli_ 

What download are you using for the OCC (Omen Command Center) installation? The one from HP or the one from Microsoft Store?

Should be this one... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

If so, you need to also go to Windows updates and force it to hunt for updates, even if it shows its up to date.

Click on Check for Updates button. If any are already pending, let them install. Reboot and go back and do it again until there are no more.

Reboot and open the OCC again.

What happens?

HP Recommended

.@Photoray002

When I installed the OCC I immediately received the same application error message. I tried forcing the updates and the restarts and the OCC still does not launch, additionally when I search for the application in the file explore it does not appear on either drive (HDD or SSD). 

Here is a screenshot of the error message if this helps.
OCC error message.png

HP Recommended

**UPDATE

So, I went threw multiple troubleshooting guides for this type of issue, ultimately I reset my laptop as a last resort, and now everything works as it should. The unfortunate thing is all the reinstalling of my games, however, I think it is worth it. 

Thanks for your help,

Eli

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.