Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 - an116nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Summary: All my life I have owned HP desktops or laptops that were all purchased in the U.S. However my newest laptop the HP Omen 17-an116nm was purchased in Belgrade, Serbia as I had not other choice (two of my older laptops died on me in a span of 24h, dead motherboards). With that said, this newest laptop that I paid a pretty good buck for, $1300, came with only a freedos 2.0 as OS. Going to a local serbian computer service center, I got window 10 pro v.1903 installed and the needed drivers for another pretty good buck $ 250.

Problem: When I used the laptop for the first time after the windows install i noticed the keyboard lights are not coming on. Being somewhat computer savvy, I went searching through the laptop on where & how you turn them on. That's when i discovered the HP Omen Command Center runs the show. The application is nowhere to be found in the machine. The keyboard button for it does not work. Searching through numerous online forums and posts i discovered the HP OCC can be downloaded from HP (driver its self sp98588) and through the Microsoft Store. However neither of them does the trick as the Microsoft Store pops out an error that says"TRY THAT AGAIN, THE PAGE COULD NOT BE LOADED". While the sp98588 setup driver does run nothing happens as the "exe" for the OCC does not appear nowhere nor does the button work. Also i cant find the location where the sp98588 installed as its not seen in the programs & features option of deleting it. Then only thing that sp98588 created was a system.sav folder. 

On the side not, the laptop does not have any Microsoft Visual C++ installed on it. Also when i first turned it on before the freedos appeared the keyboard flashed in a rainbow color order, so i do suspect that the laptop does have the capability of having keyboard back-lighting. 

Anyone's help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TaursDCat81 wrote:

.... The keyboard button for it does not work. Searching through numerous online forums and posts i discovered the HP OCC can be downloaded from HP (driver its self sp98588) and through the Microsoft Store....

@TaursDCat81 

No, you have to use Windows Store, search for HP Omen Command Center and install from there, NO more from SoftPaq to download.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ok. But its not allowing me do get the omen command center from the windows/microsoft store. I keep getting the same error over and over "TRY THAT AGAIN, PAGE COULD NOT BE LOADED". What is causing this problem? 

HP Recommended

@TaursDCat81 

Which page ? Windows Store or something else ?  I'm on Windows Store now, please try only Omen Command Center when search .

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

In google I typed "Windows Store". Received this picture windows store.pngOnce i clicked on the second link it took me here.
windows store 2.png

In the search bar i typed in "Omen Command Center" 

windows store 3.png

Upon clicking on the "Omen Command Center" i was redirected here.

windows store 4.png

Once I clicked on the tap "GET" this popup appeared at the top center.

windows store 5.png

And finally when i clicked on the provided tap about opening it in microsoft store as the only option, I received this.

windows store 6.png

HP Recommended

@TaursDCat81 

Sorry NO, you are looking at a wrong place. You have to access Windows Store from Windows, not from browser. Please try

(a) Hit Win key,

(b) Select Windows Store (icon with a bag),

(c) Click Search then type "Omen Command Center"

OCC.png

(d) Click to the arrow down to Install it, it should be version  9.5.10.0 now

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

The issue has been solved, the problem was that my windows update in 'services' was disabled. Once i got that enabled, and followed your instructions the omen command center downloaded and installed.

Thank you very much for you assistance and I apologize if i seemed to rudely direct 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.