Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 17t-an100 cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought my Omen 17t a few days back. But I am unable to find Omen Command Center anywhere, and the dedicated button is not working either.

Can anyone tell me from where can I download a working version for my laptop?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK try this... First, install the Omen Command Center (OCC) from here...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Next, install these...

OMEN Command Center SDK Package  sp98588.exe

and  HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Then go to Windows Updates and force Windows to check for updates. IF there are updates already pending, install them. Reboot and go back and click the Check for Updates button again. Reboot if it finds anything. Do this a couple of times.

See if the OCC will open from the Start button/Apps list.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@muhammadshan 

Did your Omen have Windows already installed from factory, or did it only come with Free Dos?

Did you (or someone) install Windows yourself?

HP Recommended

@Photoray002

When I purchased it, it already had a Windows 10 installed and didn't have the Omen Command Center from the very start. It was a brand new piece so I guess the windows came pre-installed from the factory. 

I tried opening the OCC with the dedicated button first, but when it didn't wprk, I checked the installed programs and it wasn't installed. 

HP Recommended

OK try this... First, install the Omen Command Center (OCC) from here...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Next, install these...

OMEN Command Center SDK Package  sp98588.exe

and  HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Then go to Windows Updates and force Windows to check for updates. IF there are updates already pending, install them. Reboot and go back and click the Check for Updates button again. Reboot if it finds anything. Do this a couple of times.

See if the OCC will open from the Start button/Apps list.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much.
Seems to work now.
BTW may I ask what's the purpose of installing the OCC sdk after installing the app from Microsoft store?

HP Recommended

Glad its working now.  😁

The SDK package is to allow proper communication from computer to OCC so the networking function works as it should and for desktops that overclock.

HP Recommended

Let me know if you have other questions.

HP Recommended

Got it. Thanks so much. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.