Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X 17t-ap000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't run Omen Command Center, I tried updating it, doing windows updates, and Support Assistant updates and it still won't work. I even hard reset my laptop and it still wont work. I have looked at services and "HP Omen HSA Service" is enabled and running and restarting it didn't work and I open it task manager says its open for a few seconds then disappears. It runs on my HP ENVY X360 just fine. Does anyone know whats going on and can i fix it? I have an HP Omen X laptop, an Omen Sequencer Keyboard , and an Omen Mindframe Headset.

EDIT: now in task maneger it Omen Command Center doesn't close after a few seconds and when i click the show more arrow thing it says "OMEN Command Center back..." and the process above it says "OMEN background process" and Nvidia GeForce Experience gives me an error so i tried downloading the update from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-x-by-hp-17-ap000-laptop-pc/16851401/model/1689... it says to use Nvidia GeForce Experience to update.

EDIT 2: now its starting to disappear from Task Manager again.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I didnt mean to post this reply and since there is no delete button please ignore.

HP Recommended

Hello @Diemondoe 

Not sure whats going on, it might be due to the recent update of the OCC App. About all I can suggest is to uninstall and start over. BTW: The command center download in the HP drivers page is severely outdated and wont help.

If you open the Device Manager again and go to View, then enable Show Hidden Devices, does the OCC show up as greyed out?

If so, right click on it and uninstall it.

Also in the Device Manager... uninstall the Omen Sequencer and just use the built in keyboard for a moment.

Also uninstall the Mindframe headset and if it asks if you want to uninstall the drivers, click the box for yes.

Then go to Start and type add or remove programs in the Search Bar. Find the Omen Command Center and uninstall it.

Same for HP System Event Utility.

Reboot but don't plug the keyboard or mouse in yet.

Install these tools in this order...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

OMEN Command Center SDK Package sp98588.exe

See if it works now.

If so, then plug the keyboard in.

If it still works, plug the headset in.

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

when I download the SDK pack it tells me "rtf64x64.sys on Realtek LightWeight Filter (NDIS.40) is needed" I have the omen driver downloaded and it says its up to date.

HP Recommended

Hmm, that's rather peculiar. Did you reboot anyway and see if the Omen Command Center would run now? What was the result?

Shot in the dark here as I haven't seen this before....

Part of the SDK packages purpose is to enable the Networking Booster function in the Command Center. Not sure if that NDIS is not actually installed, or if its there but something went skewed and disabled it. I don't know of a way to download that specific driver, so lets try this...

Is your network working OK otherwise?

Does the command center run now?

If either one is not, Go back to the Device Manager and go to Network and right click on the Realtek devices and uninstall them. Then Reboot.

They will reinstall themselves with in a minute or so of Windows restarting. That will hopefully turn everything back on that's needed in Realtek.

What happens?

HP Recommended

none of that worked, i also tried updating everything in the windows store but omen command center has no updates and other apps keep getting error 0x8000FFFF, could that have something to do with it?

HP Recommended

Other apps keep getting error 0x8000FFFF, could that have something to do with it?

Most likely yes and that could be caused by several things unfortunately.

I'll list some steps to try.

Test the command center issue after each one you try, to see if that step solved it before moving on to the next one.

1. Make sure your Windows Time and Date is correct.

2. Clear the Windows Store Cache...

Type or paste wsreset in the Windows Search Bar and choose to run it as Administrator.

Leave the command prompt windows alone, it will close itself when done.

3. Reconfigure Windows Store...

1. Start menu -> Type PowerShell -> Right-click the result -> Select ‘Run as Administrator’
  2. Type powershell-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage-DisableDevelopmentMode-Register
  3. Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml -> Reboot your computer

4. Reinstall Windows Store...

1. Windows key + R -> Type PowerShell -> Enter
  2. Right-click the search results -> Select Run as Administrator
  3. Type Get-Appxpackage –Allusers -> Enter
  4. Windows Store entry -> copy the package name (Ctrl + C)
  5. Type Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode
  6. Insert the Windows Store package name (Ctrl + V) instead of PackageFullName
  7. Change C: with the letter of your root driver
  8. Windows key + R -> Type PowerShell -> Enter -> Right-click the results and select Run as Administrator
  9. Paste Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode -> Enter
  10. Replace the PackageFullName and C:
  11. Reboot your computer

5. Run System file checker...

1. Start -> Enter Command Prompt -> right-click Command Prompt -> select Run as administrator -> Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth -> Enter sfc /scannow
  2. Wait for the system scan to finish -> Reboot your Computer

6. Or finally, Create a New User Account with Admin rights...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Log to the new user account and see if the issue persists.

Keeping my fingers crossed, let me know what happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.