cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Omen Command Centre Limited functionality

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have recently purchased a HP Omen 17 cb1008na Gaming Laptop with 10750 i7 and 2070 super. It comes equipped with Command Centre but unfortunatley the functionality of this is limited as the requested updates do not seem to install correctly.

In the main screen I select HP Omen (my laptop) from the left sided menu. In this screen the following information is displayed: "Driver updates are needed for OMEN Command Centre to work accurately and deliver all applicable functionality. PLease update top continue."

I click the update button as requested and follow the on screen prompts to install the driver package.The title of this appears to be: 

"OMENCC Driver Package for Softpaq"

On extraction of the files in the installation process a pop up error says the following: "failed to extract cab." I click ok to this (the only option) and this returns me to the OMEN Command Centre App which advises me to close and restart the App. On doing this and navigating back to my OMEN 17 (my laptop) page the same original message requersting an update is displayed.

Further repeating of this install process brings the same result. I have reinstalled the app, restarted the computer and ensured windows is updated. To no benefit. 

I do not require this for my laptop to work but I can also not alter its performance as advertised which I would like to be able to do. I would therefore appreciate your help.

Kind Regards

Ryan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This issue, appears to have self resolved, I think from another restart and another windows update, thanks for your time

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation