Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17t-cb000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, after receiving and starting up my computer on the 26th of December, my Omen has been running good. Not even a month into owning it, after shutting it down and then turning it back on, I noticed that some of my applications were moved or redirected to a new location and no longer worked. For the most part, I was able to get all but one working again, and that one is the most necessary for me, the Omen Command Center. After spending hours searching through forums, installations, and even a full reset on the computer (since I didn't have much on it anyways), it has yet to be fixed. I have no assumptions on what the issue could be and this is really deterring my opinion of HP. I have checked for BIOS updates and I frequently restarted my computer before this to make sure it was always up to date. If you could help me fix this major inconvenience, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After an update given by Windows, I am going to assume that the issue was brought about by them and not HP. I dearly apologize for how I acted towards the staff and it was rude of me. In the heat of the moment, I was angry due to the customization of how powerful and cool I can make my laptop was just taken away without any way of knowing why. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jacob48, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues with the Omen Command Center on your computer. Let us try to isolate the issue and resolve it-

What is the version of Windows OS installed on your PC?

Check for any updates on the windows. Here is how you do it-

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Also, reinstall the HP Omen Command Center for the Microsoft store.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried that, which makes me believe you have yet to actually read my post. I have constantly updated windows. I have uninstalled, reinstalled over and over. Now, this **bleep**ing **bleep**ty laptop is deleting my files and I have to reinstall all of them over and over. Unless I can get a fix for this, I'll be sending it back, getting a refund, and never buying from this **bleep**ty place again.

HP Recommended

@Jacob48

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After an update given by Windows, I am going to assume that the issue was brought about by them and not HP. I dearly apologize for how I acted towards the staff and it was rude of me. In the heat of the moment, I was angry due to the customization of how powerful and cool I can make my laptop was just taken away without any way of knowing why. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.