Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-25-2022 12:06 PM
My fiancée bought me an HP Omen 17 laptop as a surprise gift. I installed the Omen Gaming Hub application to see what it is capable of, but the program terminates when I select my laptop from the menu on the side. Let me post screenshots:
First, I select my laptop on the sidebar or from the "My Gear" section.
Once I click on my laptop, this message will either pop up immediately, or after a few seconds:
What can I do to rectify this problem?
05-28-2022 11:20 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.
I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.
- Did you make any significant hardware or software changes to the computer prior to this issue?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?
The issue may arise if Windows detects possible problems with your computer’s memory. I would suggest you try the following methods and check if the issue persists.
Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and check if it helps.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools (in "Large icons" view).
- Double-click to initiate the Windows Memory Diagnostics.
- Click on Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
Let the tool run and check if any memory errors are fixed. Let us know the results of the detected errors are not fixed.
If Method 1 does not help, try to boot the system in safe mode and check if the issue is reproduced. If not, then clean boot the computer and check if it helps.
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode in which you are logged in with only necessary minimal services and drivers enabled. Check if the issue is reproduced.
Refer to the following steps:
- Click on the Power button on the login screen.
- Press and hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and simultaneously click on the Restart option.
- Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click Advanced options.
- Tap or click Startup Settings.
- Tap or click Restart.
- On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting for Safe Mode with Networking (Generally F5 key is pressed to select this setting).
- Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
Check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.
If the issue does not reproduce in Safe Mode, then we might have to perform a clean boot.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee
05-28-2022 05:52 PM - edited 05-28-2022 05:53 PM
What GPU do you have? It feels like I had exactly same issue, it is gone after installing all the software from AMD + your CPU (intel or AMD). (Install it directly from the AMD and Intel websites). It may require you to reinstall OMEN HUB.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community