Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This worked and fixed tghe screen brightgness after installing other windows updates.  Thanks, Lettemai. 

HP support was **bleep**ing brutal with this and essentially useless.  "Did you reinstall windows?"  How about **bleep** you, the laptop is a day old you dumb **bleep**.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lettermai,

Just wanted to say thanks. I had the exact same issue and this worked like a charm. 

HP Recommended

Hey guys! Happy to hear the solution worked for you 😄 I share your sentiments with the lack of proper information from HP Support — sometimes you just have to figure it out yourself 😛

Be safe!

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thank you very much ! Saved me lot of time and hassle. Appreciate your solution, worked perfectly!
HP Recommended

worked first time thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.