Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 2020 en0001ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i recently purchased hp omen 15 2020 version with ryzen 5 4600h processor. Laptop is awesome, no issues with it.

But due to some windows registry files error , i decided to clean install windows 10 home.

i did it. And logged in with my microsoft account which was linked with genuine windows key that hp provided. i have installed and updated every drivers from hp website.

but the only problem is with my hp omen command center. its working but not as before. i can not change my fan speeds and also network booster is not working. it keeps on telling me "the required hp services cannot be found. to resolve this click update button below." 

Annotation 2020-11-27 012730.png

the problem is i click the update button. it downloads and install omen command center sdk file and restarts the computer. but after the restart the same problem arises and just goes on in a loop.

kindly help me as i am too much dependent on omen command center for controlling my fan and using network booster .

Regards!

MysticCS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MysticCS 

I know HP is working on option to allow users to control fan(s) speed. Few years back, the option was there but users overdone, which caused more problems than good therefore HP let heat sensors to control fans.

Now, I believe HP has to work out a workable range, not too high, not too low before update OCC. I think by some reasons, your machine came with a Beta version of OCC and the update removed it. Please wait, it will come back after fully tested.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

i have solved the update error and my network booster has started working but my fan options are still not accessable. i still cant change my fan speeds.

Annotation 2020-11-27 023513.png

there should be a fan setting to choose between auto and max speed. please help.

HP Recommended

@MysticCS 

I know HP is working on option to allow users to control fan(s) speed. Few years back, the option was there but users overdone, which caused more problems than good therefore HP let heat sensors to control fans.

Now, I believe HP has to work out a workable range, not too high, not too low before update OCC. I think by some reasons, your machine came with a Beta version of OCC and the update removed it. Please wait, it will come back after fully tested.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, how did you solve the update button issue? I have the same problem...

HP Recommended

I was asking also how you did the reset. Again I assume you used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.... Correct?

If you did a clean reinstall that way, you wiped everything off and need to add it back again.

For the command center, you need...

Other drivers you might need for other stuff would be found on the HP Support assistant.

I just followed the above steps.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2020-11-28 161559.png

finally. a windows update came on store and I updated the app. and automatically fan speed option just showed on omen gaming hub. no worries now. Luck is on my side today. XD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.