Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-15-2021 04:03 PM
Hello! I have a problem and I hope you can help me understand why it's happening. I bought an Omen 15-ek0006nl last August and everything worked just fine for a couple of weeks, but then I started to notice some issues. Every now and then, when I tried to turn on the laptop, it would show just a black screen. To be more precise: the power button lights up, fans start to spin, black screen and after a couple of seconds the fans stop and the power button turns off. Sometimes when I try to restart the system, the PC turns on normally, other times the power button doesn't light up and I have to try again several times before it turns on. I still have this issue from time to time and I can't figure out why. At first I thought that maybe I would charge my Omen too much (I don't know if it's a thing?) or that the battery was too low, but the problem would come up even when it was completely charged. Recently I've noticed that this problem comes up when there are some updates to install, but I don't know if it's really related. Another thing I've noticed is that, if I have this issue and plug in the charger, the laptop restarts normally right away.
Everything else on the Omen works perfectly! I tried some diagnostic tools/tests and they found no problems at all. Any help would be really appreciated! Thank you!
- Model Number: 15-ek0006nl 132W7EA#ABZ
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- BIOS: F.09
06-18-2021 10:04 AM
Hi@ElenaR, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We reviewed your post and I understand that the Notebook is not Powering ON,
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps
Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
F6 + Power Button
- CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec
If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
- Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger, and check if that helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community