Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
5CD8138VF1

Hello!

I purchased a HP Omen 15 laptop last year in Kuwait so basically I still have 5 more months warranty.

I saw the specs that its battery life doesn't last more than an hour while using. So the for me the best

solution is to remove the battery and plug it in while using so it can turn like a PC. As I tried to open it,

one of the screws is too tight so I end up stripping one of the screws. I bring it to service center of the 

store where I bought it they fixed it for me, but they said I cannot open the back lid and if they see

that i remove it they will void my warranty. So my questions are:

Does really opening the back lid will void the warranty?

What if I need to clean or I want to remove the battery because I don't want to mess my bat while

playing?

Please help!

Thank you..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Grizzley1 , welcome to the forum.

@Grizzley1 wrote:

Hello!

I purchased a HP Omen 15 laptop last year in Kuwait so basically I still have 5 more months warranty.

I saw the specs that its battery life doesn't last more than an hour while using. So the for me the best

solution is to remove the battery and plug it in while using so it can turn like a PC. As I tried to open it,

one of the screws is too tight so I end up stripping one of the screws. I bring it to service center of the 

store where I bought it they fixed it for me, but they said I cannot open the back lid and if they see

Does really opening the back lid will void the warranty?  No! -- as long as no damage is done to any of the components.  In fact, HP furnishes a Maintenance and Service Guide for all of their models which includes both Customer Self-Repair parts and Authorized service provider parts sections.

What if I need to clean or I want to remove the battery because I don't want to mess my bat while

playing?  This is not a problem, either.  Also, it does not damage the laptop if you use it plugged-in with the battery installed.  I have had three Omen gaming laptops and ran each of them with the AC while the battery was installed.  I ran them periodically without the AC to run the battery down to recalibrate it.  It is better not to leave it plugged in all of the time.  This can shorten the battery life.

Please help!

Thank you..

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Grizzley1 , welcome to the forum.

@Grizzley1 wrote:

Hello!

Does really opening the back lid will void the warranty?  No! -- as long as no damage is done to any of the components.  In fact, HP furnishes a Maintenance and Service Guide for all of their models which includes both Customer Self-Repair parts and Authorized service provider parts sections.

playing?  This is not a problem, either.  Also, it does not damage the laptop if you use it plugged-in with the battery installed.  I have had three Omen gaming laptops and ran each of them with the AC while the battery was installed.  I ran them periodically without the AC to run the battery down to recalibrate it.  It is better not to leave it plugged in all of the time.  This can shorten the battery life.

Please help!

Thank you..

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hel

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the response. I don’t know if I should file a complaint if ever they voided my warranty just because I opened and clean it just in case. 

Thank you for a detailed reply sir. 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Grizzley1 !

As I stated, if you don't damage any of the components there is no problem.  HP will be able to tell how the damage occurred.

HP Recommended

Yes sir I understand but he told me if I have another problem they will check first if the back cover has been open or not if proven yes they will void right away. He said it’s forbidden to open it or else I will loose the warranty. I don’t think that’s possible because sometimes I might need to clean It so i have no choice but to open it.  But im afraid if I ever have another issues (which I hope I will not have) they will not help me with it just because I opened the back lid cover already. 🥺

HP Recommended

@Grizzley1, I understand your concerns.  Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the laptop:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

Look in Chapter 4, Removal and replacement procedures preliminary requirements, Page 31.  It wouldn't make sense for HP to publish guides for Customers on how to replace components if it would void the warranty.  Also, there is a section for the Authorized service providers, Page 35, such as, the person who you talked to for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.