Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx that is overheating all the time, while in normal usage like browsing and so on I get CPU temperature in it's 60s or 70s and when I launch a game it goes in a second to 95C and gets fixed there, and this cause overheating for the GPU as well since it starts cooler but after a minute or so it goes also to 95C.

I have my BIOS updated to the latest version according to HP website and all drivers updated (HP Assistant does not show any new update)

PS: after the BIOS update I got HP CoolSense active but there is no single difference.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @satip6 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

As workaround before renewing the thermal paste of the CPU and GPU, please perform the following steps ...

(1Set "maximum processor percentage" in Windows to 98%

--->>> How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 11/10

(2Enable Ultimate Performance Plan in Windows 11

(3) Restart Windows

(4) Download and install and run

Popular HWiNFO Diagnostic Sofware

--->>> Send a screenshot showing the CPU and GPU temperature:

<Sensors>

ub6424_0-1667124920656.png

(5Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )

( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.