Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17 an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's Cpu has been overheating since i updated it, because of that my laptops display has been shutting down during gaming and it has been a problem for  me. i updated bios and cpu using hp support app 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Harsh0748

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that your laptop is getting overheated while playing games, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the laptop getting shut down due to overheating?

Could you please help me with the exact product number.

If the laptop is shutting down am afraid it's a hardware issue with your laptop, if not follow the below steps,

Update the Graphics and Chipset drivers using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-17-an000-laptop-pc/15551440

And Keep me posted, how it goes! However, we'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Harsh0748

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that your laptop is getting overheated while playing games, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the laptop getting shut down due to overheating?

Could you please help me with the exact product number.

If the laptop is shutting down am afraid it's a hardware issue with your laptop, if not follow the below steps,

Update the Graphics and Chipset drivers using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-17-an000-laptop-pc/15551440

And Keep me posted, how it goes! However, we'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.