Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

my hp victus i7/rtx laptop which I purchased 5 days ago , is overheating. While playing high graphics game it is reaching a temperature upto 95°C and during short CPU test too , it reaches 97°C.

Its average temperature while watching video or playing light game is 60-70°C. Why is the laptop overheating 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@victus_user wrote:

.... Why is the laptop overheating 

@victus_user 

That is normal, gaming will require all resource of your machine therefore heat is going up. You can test yourself by running few miles to see how hot you are. Our bodies have a mechanism to cool down mainly use perspiration.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.