Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Calling on techs in forum for your  advice . Downloaded pc game Fate (  a 2005 single-player action role-playing game originally released for the PC by WildTangent ,  ) , from you-tube page ,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8f_DwHCKW0  , is a old file, but I run in comparability mode . Last night , as I was playing , screen froze, was a buzzing noise in the background, had to pull battery to shut down, reloaded normally , took a minute or so longer than usual . This morning .e-downloaded rar file from drop box link given by youtube user on page .  Took down to 800 x 600 resolution ( comparability mode ) .Inserted program in Program Files x 86 , ( program not installed , manually placed in program files ).

My question is,should I keep game on notebook , or as old as the game is, will it run normally on my pc (  pc specs below ) . When I run pc tool Hitman  Pro, it deems file suspicious , but ignores  . Have kept game on pc , but discontinued playing until Im sure its compatale now .Any feedback from gaming techs would be appreciated .

HP 15-d103tx Notebook Budget notebook

Microprocessor          2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-4200M with Intel HD Graphics 4600

Microprocessor Cache       3 MB cache

Memory                       4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

Video Graphics           NVIDIA GeForce 820M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

Hard Drive                   500 GB 5400 rpm SATA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alaskared Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

I think it is not a gaming laptop. We have a various gaming laptop.

However, perform the below steps and check.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.