Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-17-2020 01:34 PM
I have been experiencing serious FPS drops while gaming. XTU showed me that processor is power throttling. It happens after few seconds of heavy load. Temp is OK. Everything is up to date including bios (version F.10 Rev.A).
I don't understand that notebook can't utilize full potential of CPU. Is it possible to increase power limits?
Intel Core i7-8750H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
05-18-2020 01:13 AM
I fiddled with ThrottleStop too. TS bench (built-in benchmark) shows that frequencies are lowered to roughly 3200 MHz (multiplier 32) after few seconds because of power throttling. Concerning with performance, I have got something worse than i7 7700hq 😞
05-27-2020 03:08 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee