Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Shame.

HP Recommended

This update is 1 month old now and I don't see a fix coming anytime soon. My Laptop is now at HP service centre under warranty will post outcome when I hear back

HP Recommended

Hello???? 

Anybody from HP Technicians????

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE OFFICIAL INFORMATION!!?

HP Recommended

so, this is what HP team wants, everyone with this issue should go to the hp service centre and ask for the new mainboard? 

just release the new BIOS (test it first please) HP!

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20200813-222533_Chrome.jpg

This is the problem..

HP Recommended

I have the HP Omen Obelisk 875 gaming computer, not even 7 months old, still under the 1 year warranty.  The HP app on my computer said the BIOS needed to be updated, and when I tried to update through the HP assistant app on my computer it seemed to be having a hard time updating and kept showing that it couldn't update.  As soon as I shut my computer off for the evening, hours later, I woke up to my system not booting and 3 beeps happening.  Apparently the BIOS became corrupted.  That is a serious firmware issue that basically bricked my new computer.  I had to send my desktop off to HP and activate my 1 year warranty.  I have lightning fast 200mbps connectivity with xfinity, and wasn't having ANY issues online that day.  The HP assistant app that sends you the messages to do your updates did seem to be having very slow issues that day I tried to update the BIOS.  I am now starting to wonder if it is even wise to use the HP assistant app that is built into their computers to do these types of updates.  HP needs to take a closer look at this.  

HP Recommended

The same thing happened to me on my gaming laptop.  HP Omen Obelisk 875.  Literally the HP assistant app bricked my computer by corrupting the BIOS.  It couldn't even boot up.  It tried once, then shut down, then I got the 3 beep code of corrupted BIOS.  Something on the HP end with downloading the BIOS got corrupted.  I had to send in my computer also to HP.  

HP Recommended

I dont know what HP R&D team is doing. This is so bad service. In some post an HP agent shared the F.05 version but HP laptops are made in such a way that you cant rollback. I tried USB bootable option to install F.05, it didnt allow me to install it.

Throw some random error that some file is missing. I tired roll back option again same error that file is missing. How is that even possible, I just install from F.05 to F.08.

HP DO SOMETHING..!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

What do we do if our computers are no longer under warranty? Mine isn't even 2 years old, bought with 1 year warranty option. Replacing a motherboard to fix HP's incompetence is just too expensive

Not to mention this "Find support" page isn't really working

Product number: 4RP51EA#BED

This is beyond annoying, I literally can't do anything because temps reach 90C at times. I do suggest NOT turning off the hibernation setting, as others have pointed out it'll just shut down instead. At least with hibernation your work will be saved

HP Recommended

Im glad I found this topic and sad at the same time.

I have the exact same problem, I tried everything, even changing thermal paste.

Downed the CPU to 90% in Windows Power management doesnt do anything.

HWMonitor says 92 Degrees at top, never even reached 85 degrees before this BIOS Update that has been IMPOSED to me, I just restarted the computer someday and the BIOS was updating, never asked for it.

Now I cant even play anymore, the PC goes to sleep mode in game, the Windows Event says PC goes to sleep mode due to thermal even, with the _HOT = 373K (373 Kelvin, so 100 degrees), I'm pretty sure the PC never reach these temps, but this BIOS Update surely overheats the PC for nothing, so is basically ruining our internal components.

My PC is still under warranty but I added 8 Go RAM and a 2.5 SSD, changed the thermal paste due to this really bad update that I didn't asked for, now I guess my warranty is voided because of this, I can't really send my PC so please found a fix fast.

Here is my PC :

HP Pavilion - 15-ec0019nf

Product number : 8UE08EA#ABF

Serial Number : 5CD942967G

Check the pictures, the update is done on 9 August, the thermal events only happen after this date, never before, this proves everything and we customers should get refund or replacement of the motherboard for FREE even if the warranty is voided or finished, as it is clearly a HP mistake.

date bios.PNG

EventID.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.