Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Everyone who has commented on this post with the same problem, guys please don't let this thread die we need some feedback from HP regarding this.

HP Recommended

when is hp going to fix this? in stead of giving soltution that don't work and telling everyone they have hardware issues

HP Recommended

Did someone find any solution i have the same problem.....

pLZ HP FOR GOD SAKE DO SOMETHING

HP Recommended

made my account just for this post.   been having this  problem for  weeks now and figured it might be attached to the latest update i had.  as a streamer, this  problem is VERY annoying as  i know  have to  prepare my self to  have to restart my stream at least  2-5 times a night depending on the  situation.  

i tried the  rollback before i got here, but now i see that was pointless. i just got the  ryzen thing to see how that does, but  im not  expecting much.  i just got this laptop  back in april/may and we going thru this ?   whats funny is, my boy told me avoid HP as stupid **bleep**  like this is a tradition with the company, i wish i took his word now.

ima wait this out i guess,  how long are you guys going to warranty  waiting for your laptop to come back?

but my  info tho.

HP Pavillion Gaming laptop

15-ec0xxx

Product number: 7QS79UA#ABA

Just a Word of advice HP.   TEST YOUR  STUFF BEFORE SENDING IT OUT.  Everyone here should get their stuff fixed for  free REGARDLESS of  warranty since this isnt  ANY OF OUR FAULTS.  we didnt cause this mess. yall did. thats what a  decent company would do for this situation 

HP Recommended

Welcome to the group

HP DEFAULTERS

I bought this laptop 3-4 days back and now I'm regretting. Flipkart will not allow replacement with another product. This is what stuck with an expensive crap feels like😡

HP Recommended

For any one reading this the problem seems to to be solved after i installed some update from the hp support assistance app on the windows. I don't know if this is the case but laptop seems to be working fine for now,I been playing far cry 4 on ultra setting for 4-hours when the problem existed windows would lock under 10 minutes.

I don't know if this solves the issue but you can try this if you like,I've post if any thing else happens.

Here the list of updates i install from hp support assistant:

Realtek RTL8Xxx Series Bluetooth Driver for Microso Windows 10 (DCHU)

+ HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

+ SDK Pack for OMEN Command Center

HP Connection Optimizer

HP Recommended

PLEASE, give us an report again after a few days of testing

and if possible plz try other games as well (eg: GTA V, Destiny 2 or any other high GPU consumption games) in order to keep the results consistent

HP Recommended

All i'm going to say about the above post. The problems we are all having is due to the bios update. Until we get another update for the bios the problem will not be fixed. The above updates have nothing to do with BIOS. So I very much doubt it's "fixed".

I have also had nights where its not done it at all, but some nights where it done it 3 times in one evening. It's such a shame because microsoft flight sim comes out in 2 days and it looks like i'm going to be doing a lot of dropping out of the sky!!,

I personally am not going to take my laptop in anywhere to be repaired. It's a waste of time. Just deal with it and sit and wait. 

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0062AX

Product ID – 9LA60PA#ACJ

I am also facing the same problem whenever I start playing a game after 1-2 minutes blue screen appears saying locking and then my laptop turn off automatically. I manually have to turn it on and it’s like nothing happened. Before last week my laptop was just fine I play games all day long but this never happened. I paused all the updates and I didn’t even know about the BIOS, until last week I turn on my laptop and black screen appears saying updating BIOS after completion of the update I starts playing games and then this locking screen appears. This was my second time purchasing pavilion series, I guess this was a wrong decision. We really need an update.

HP Recommended

is this method work? downgrade BIOS with windows?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.