Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Guys they removed that bios update does that mean that they are working on a new update??

And if yes how long will it take....

And on top of that seeing the situation here  it's pretty ironical that how hp is know for their customer support...

HP Recommended

Wish we knew what it meant but we have the same question as you @Raunak. No one knows what HP is working on.

But one thing I'm certain about is that HP should stop producing consumer laptops if they can't give support. I just received call from a HP customer support executive and they are just unbelievable goddammit, They don't know anything. They are just following their 9 to 5 work and to hell with customer support.

HP Recommended

Hey man any update from your side? Did the service center fixed or downgrade your bios?

HP Recommended

A new BIOS was released to the FTP site today.  Try installing it to resolve the shutdown issue.

CVA info - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108789.cva

Download - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108789.exe

-wes

edit - I asked the mods to mark as a solution to bring more visibility to my post.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Has anyone tried this? I'll wait for someone to verify this. Won't take chances. I have successfully downgraded my bios with not the help of a HP employee. 

HP Recommended

Will it help with the WIFI not connecting anymore as well ?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Updated from f.08 to f.10(the new BIOS just released). Been Gaming for around 2 hrs, no locking. Plus the slow charging issue also seems to be resolved. Tested Far Cry 5, GTA 5, PES 19.

HP Recommended

I can confirm as well that the F.10 update fixed all my problems.

HP Recommended

@Wes_notebook

Thank you for the update. I have installed the latest BIOS F.10 (from HP assist) and its working fine.

I have played AC-Origin for more than an hour and there is no shutting down. And as one person mentioned, the battery issue is resolved too.

My fast charging is back to normal.

I will try other games and let you know. But i think this will resolve everything now. After a month we have a resolution.

There was delay but better then replacing my motherboard and going to service center. 

Thank you HP for hearing us..!! 😄

HP Recommended

For me after upgrade to f.10 I have Fps drop issue while playing dota 2, any other have the same issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.