Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

A temporary solution is to reduce the clock speed to around 80%. I did this today and ran fortnite, there were no crashes although you may experience a drop in fps but that should not bother you. In terms of customer support, I've been following up with HP Customer Care(India) for more than 2 weeks now.  Its going to 3 weeks since I purchased my laptop and still they are responding saying we have to wait for a higher technician to examine the problem. The Customer Care people don't update you on the progress, I had to call them every single time. They assured me that they will give a callback within 48 hrs, which never happened. SO HP, YOU HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE POSSIBLE. 

HP Recommended

Hello everyone I just had a visit from HP Engineer after 3 days of calling in HP customer care.

This is what he has to say:

Engineer: Sir what is the problem?

Me: *explains all the issue after BIOS update*

Engineer: This is something new. It doesn't happen to everybody.

Me: *showed him this forum*

Engineer calls a senior guy in the service centre and he tells the engineer to process the laptop for DOA certificate for the reason "Auto Shutdown".

Now I talked to the service centre guy and he says to me very rudely that HP has never replaced a unit, you have to contact the seller with the DOA certificate and he'll only be able to do that.

These words were exact contradiction to the customer support guys. What is HP doing? How are they selling laptops like this. I'm very disappointed in HP. I swear my family line and all my successors will not use HP. I'll tell all my friends also. HP is good for one thing only: making a fool out of people. HP sucks. 

HP Recommended

I'm contact customer care in my country today. They're not responsibility anything about this problem. They blame customer about bios update and told me to wait for a month for new mainboard for onsite service team. And last they said wait for microsoft release new bios for this laptop. 😓

HP Recommended

Hello, I also spoke with HP customer care after 7-8 attempt i was finally able to talk to them. I explained everything to them they said this is new problem usually whenever a customer having games related issue we suggest them to upgrade BIOS. But you are saying that updating BIOS caused this problem in first place. They told me to recover and rest PC that's what i have already done a very  log time ago. I also asked them is there any coming updates for BIOS and they said sir the latest one you have installed. I told them to check the HP community support and look for how many customers are having this issue.  But i don't think they really care about customer. Now i think this problem never gonna fix. They never gonna agree that the fault is in their BIOS. Buying HP laptop was biggest mistake guys. 

HP Recommended

Hey Guys! i try Ryzen Controller with temperature limit to 80c and it work fine. i'm playing Grounded with Full-HD and Epic Graphic setting on 2 hrs. and no sign of cpu overheat.

HP Recommended

Hey. I've got two new updates from Windows Update:

AMD - System - 2.89.0.57

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 26.20.14054.1001

I'll download, install them and report the results to the forum ASAP.

I really hope this is it.

HP Recommended

In the meantime it also received another update

NVIDIA - Display - 27.21.14.5167

This probably means nothing, but I'm writing this if anything occurs.

HP Recommended

OK GUYS, So after doing that thing with downloading ryzen controller and setting the temp limit to 80c. I haven't shutdown all night with playing warzone and tarkov. Even though my temp has hit a max of 83c. But no shutdowns. Could be a temp fix. 

HP Recommended

Contacted HP again and explained the issue for them. I mean they should be aware of the issue now if they weren't aware of it before. At this point I have strong belief that they're currently working on it. An engineer must've seen these posts at some point. I'll be patient and just wait while using the controller. This is a billion dollar company, they should realize it by now.

HP Recommended

Hi all, I hope everyone read this reply, 1. I too have a new hp laptop and it also started when i updated windows and bios, my laptop is nearly a month old, specs are ryzen 7 3750h gtx 1660ti.

2. tried all the solutions but none of them worked for me, contacted hp support they told me to do a factory reset using their cloud restore, did that but got stucked with another error leading to no os installed in the drive, went to service center, the guy there installed windows 10 1803,

3. now the problem is still there but the locking comes only once! when i press the power button after locking screen, the game resumes from that point and the laptop doesnot goes to locking again,

4. i think this proves that the hardware is fine and this is a software issue indeed, i just wish they could provide the previous bios version ASAP.

5. if someone could do the same as i did and report back then it would be helpful for the others too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.