Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15 - dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just to clarify, my model laptop does have 4 zone RGB lighting and I can customize it with the OMEN command center. The issue is that when I choose certain colors in the command center, the lighting on the keyboard does not match those colors. The left zone colors are accurate but the middle and right zones are not. When choosing all the same colors, the left zone is much brighter and is a more accurate color of what I chose. The middle and right zones are not as bright and the colors seem faded.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Already updated my BIOS to F.30, also ran every Windows and HP Support Assistant update there is. Also tried some weird method where you have to press down the power button for 10 seconds and turn it on afterwards. Nothing worked so far. White is a pale yellow and only certain keys seem to be showing the true white color. Pretty disappointed and HP doesn't seem to correctly read the posts and actually help with the issue. It's been an issue for quite some time but everytime you get the completely wrong answer.

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU REPLY HP, IT SEEMS LIKE A NUMBER OF HP OMEN LAPTOPS HAVE ISSUES WITH THEIR RGB LIGHTING CALIBRATION. HEAR US OUT AND PLEASE FIX THIS. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one even thought that's unfortunate. Mine are doing the same with the white color setting. I hope they can find a solution though I doubt they will since I've seen somebody else post this exact same problem before. Figured I could give it a shot and let them know this is still an ongoing issue with their HP OMEN LAPTOPS.

HP Recommended

@arktech0 Here's what you need to do:

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the Bios and chip-set driver updates,

If the issue persists, is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

The only other thing to do is to uninstall the software and install a fresh copy from the Microsoft store: click here

@JackyBeam Do you have the same product as the OP, if yes, please follow the same steps as mentioned above!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I tried all of your recommendations and none of them resolved the issue.IMG_8525.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Your presented fixes did not help with the issue.

Could it be a hardware problem? Would warranty cover faulty RGB backlighting? 

HP Recommended

@arktech0

I suggest you first uninstall the software completely from the control panel > programs 

Next, run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Then download the latest Omen Command Center from this Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@JackyBeam

I understand your concerns.

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

HP Recommended

. @Praveen196

Thanks for your reply. 

My product number is 7GV15EA#ABD

HP Recommended

@JackyBeam

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you first uninstall the software completely from the control panel > programs 

Next, run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Then download the latest Omen Command Center from this Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.