Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My computer is the HP Omen 15 ek0023dx, running on Windows 10.  I cannot verify whether an external keyboard would produce the same results or not, but I can infer that since resetting or updating the drivers had no effect, I believe it’s a hardware issue and therefore and external keyboard would not produce the same effect. Using the hardware diagnostics tools, pressing any combinations of the keys in my previous reply would result in a key input being dropped, confirming it at a more basic level.

Regardless, it was covered under Best Buy’s 15-day return policy, so we returned the laptop and are receiving another via shipment later this week. Hopefully it does not have the same issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Enkay48 That's great troubleshooting, please do let us know if you have any such issues with the new HP device,

And have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We got a replacement laptop of the same model; the keyboard input dropping issue was also present on this machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.