Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Any updates? I'm getting BSOD when trying to enable Windows Virtual Machine, and also some strange behavior with the Network Adapters.

Similar Issue: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BSOD-after-enabling-Hyper-V-on-HP-15-ec1032ur...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@beroa

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette

Product name : HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx

Motherboard ID : HP 87B1 Version 31.20

BIOS Version: F.11-07/22/2020

Processor name : AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics

Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller Driver: 10.45.928.2020 (9/28/2020). Also same error with the 2015 driver that the system came with.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042

• What is the exact issue you are facing?

If I enable Virtual Machine Platform in Windows Features and restart I get suck in a cycle of BSOD until I go into the BIOS and disable virtualization. I've found out that rtwlane.sys is responsible for the BSOD, and I found out that disabling "Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe" in Device Manager is the only way I'm able to boot into Windows with the desired virtualization setitngs. However when I do that, I can't access Wifi because I've disabled my wireless adapter. Additionally when I do this the "Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller" for wired connections, which works when virtualization is disabled, will be " blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows", making it impossible to use the internet and virtualization at the same time.

• Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

This problem existed on day 1 within 1 hour of owning the laptop on original hardware and software. I've tried several things to try to fix this. One of the most interesting bits is that I've tried installing new M.2 WAN cards, since that seems like it should fix it because the BSOD is caused by the current M.2 card.  But for both of them even with the up to date drivers they won't show up in Device Manager. They do show up in HP Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI). And with the WAN card "Intel 9260NGW" the Bluetooth works but no matter what I do I can't get the Network Adapter to show up in Device Manager.

• Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

I've looked at the MEMORY.DMP from the BSOD and discovered it's rtwlane.sys responsible. I have tried "Reset this PC", removing AMD Ryzen Master SDK, updating drivers, installing Ubuntu to see if the network adapters would be detected there, which they aren't, however that may be because of my poor understanding of Ubuntu.

HP Recommended

I did find a workaround for this issue. A USB WAN adapter does work! This way I can disable the Realtek card, boot up with virtualization enabled, and still use the internet. Hopefully this will work for now until some new drivers or BIOS will fix the root issue.

HP Recommended

Yeah that seems like a way to bypass the issue. I'll probably just stick to WSL1 which doesn't need the Virtual Machine platform to be enabled and wait for new drivers to come out. Do you think the people at Microsoft/AMD are aware of this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.