Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@waeiou wrote:

i am having this problem w my HP Envy x360 15, but Moravista's suggestion has fixed the issue.

caveat that i have <2 hours of success to report, as this issue has suddenly affected me upon installing the latest windows update earlier this week, and i just came across Moravista's solution tonight. vidmate

also wished to report that the older driver seems to work fine for non-Probook models, although the selfservice page for my HP Envy x360 15 did not offer the aforementioned driver -- so i just used the direct download link offered. 

I let Windows handle all the driver installs. I did NOT use any updates from HP; did NOT use the HP Support Assistant; did NOT download any updates from the HP website. Leting Windows handle all the drivers and the RTL8822BE is no longer disconnecting / loosing connection to wireless networks.

HP Recommended

I'm using the HP Support Assistant and got today an update for my Wifi Driver on my HP ENVY x360 13. Since I've installed this update the Wifi works wonderful. I guess you can also find this update on the download page of HP (https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-13-ag0000-x360-convertible-pc/202...).

HP Recommended

I am not sure about the warranty, but when the problems with the Realtek adapter started, I ordered an Intel Wireless-AC 9260 adapter - about 15 USD from eBay - and I installed it just a while ago. It worked immediately, very happy so far. It was a little bit fiddly to get the wires connected, but no problems apart from that. Be sure you get the version without vPro, as the other version is said not to be compatible.

Ralph Schut
Bluegrass Guitar, Banjo and Mandolin
HP Recommended

what a pain just ordered a bunch of the HP 450 G6 laptops with these WiFi adapters and didn't realize the problem till they've all been deployed. Haven't found a consistent fix. Would like to avoid swapping the WiFi adapters.

HP Recommended

Linda528, can you describe us which steps do you made for solving the problem with the RTL8822BE?

Can you confirm us that was the driver without problems?

HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I have a HP Pavillion gaming (BC499na) with the same wifi card and for months i've had this issue with intermittent connection and general poor connection(ie connected but no internet message).

The only solution that worked for me was to do a clean windows install, install all drivers through windows update and finally update all the drivers using the Driver booster software. And voila, wifi reception is strong and reliable. 

PS: The different methods i've tried was to uninstall the driver, update through windows, download driver file from realtek, download file from hp. NOTHING WORKS

HP Recommended

Hy there, I had the same problems with the RTL8822BE adapter in my HP Envy. I've tried using Windows Drivers only and HP Drivers only but nothing worked. It just got a little better or worse.

Solution for me was to install the original Realtec Driver MANUALLY(!!!) https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8822be-software

Is now working since 2 weeks without problems!

HP Recommended

I have the same wifi rtl 8822be card, it came with the motherboard asus rog strix z370-e gaming, i got this problem more than a year and still haven't found a solution, i downloaded the original driver and i hope it works, if not then i don't have other choice but to buy intel ac 9260 card.

HP Recommended

@Veltron96
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you tried downloading the original driver? Are you experiencing any issue with download drivers?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

well i built my pc, so there is no product number on my cpu, only there is a serial in my motherboard.

Yes i downloaded the original driver from asus website and no luck, i tried the old versions drivers and nothing works, i don't know what is the problem, but for me it seems it has to be the wifi card driver firmware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.