Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP-15T-dc000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The problem I have is an error code of 0xc000000f

I have the usb in with the Recovery media  And plugged it in and went to boot options and used both UEFI and Harddrive settings. 

Also my USB is a PNY not a sandisk, please tell me if that is a factor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I wouldn't be able to help you with the recovery flash drive not working, but you can try to reinstall W10 by making your own installation media as follows...

To reinstall W10...Use the Media Creation Tool.  Make the 64 bit installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, since your PC is not working.

W10 will find the product key in the BIOS, install and will automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

1. Select Download tool now, and select Run.
  2. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
  3. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
  4. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.

5. Select which media you want to use:
  6. USB flash drive.  Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

Then you can install the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I wouldn't be able to help you with the recovery flash drive not working, but you can try to reinstall W10 by making your own installation media as follows...

To reinstall W10...Use the Media Creation Tool.  Make the 64 bit installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, since your PC is not working.

W10 will find the product key in the BIOS, install and will automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

1. Select Download tool now, and select Run.
  2. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
  3. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
  4. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.

5. Select which media you want to use:
  6. USB flash drive.  Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

Then you can install the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

HP Recommended

I will give this a shot, maybe this will work

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

thank you!

( sorry for being rude I didn’t mean to be that way)

HP Recommended

Anytime.

No need to apologize.  I didn't think you were being rude at all.

I just hope this workaround gets your notebook to work again.

It usually does.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.