Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: Hp Pavilion 15 power cb518-tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp Pavilion 15 power cb518-tx

My laptop runs smooth on battery with good fps while playing GTA 4 but in plugged in status it starts to lag like hell and the fps drops too low.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mohit_vishnu45

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you try using a higher capacity charger and does the issue persist?

Make sure your Nvidia settings are set to maximum performance, not just Windows power options.

Set Nvidia to use Maximum Performance in both Global and Program settings (choose the specific game in Program settings).

If the issue still persists try performing a complete system recovery on your PC.

• Refer this article to know how to perform a system recovery on your PC. If the issue still persists, please contact HP phone support and get the service options.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.