Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop from time to time is changing refresh rate  from 120hz to 60hz by itself. To restore previous settings I have to go to screen settings and switch from 120hz to 60hz and then switch back to 120hz, after this procedure refresh rate is back to 120hz. Sometimes after few minutes it is changing refresh rate back to 60hz for no reason! So here is my question, what is the source of this issue? I have installed wrong drivers? Is something wrong with my hardware? If drivers cause this issue, how should I install drivers for my laptop?

Thank you very much for prompt respond, Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Darkfurby 

What is your OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx  ?  For example

OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx

The above machine has DEFAULT 60Hz screen, it will use default refresh rate to display  (1920 x 1080). The normal rule: refresh rate going up, resolution will go down. In your case, please reduce resolution, it may keep screen stay at 120Hz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

No you are wrong, im using default 1920x1080 screen resolution and I dont know how to find exact name of my laptop because HP support assistant return this kind of name. All I can get is number of product: 2CS53EA#ABU and serial number [Private information removed]. I have GTX 1070 and 120hz refresh rate by default. Its fault of the laptop that its changing refresh rate!!! Last year I had no issues like that, this year i installed new drivers and updated windows and since then my problems started.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.