Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-EN000z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've read through posts about remapping the omen key to something else, except it doesn't apply to me. 

I use the omen key daily. It comes in handy. What's really inconvenient, is the calculator button. I'm constantly pressing Windows + Calc key instead of Windows + PrntScrn when taking screenshots. I also sometimes press it instead of the omen key. 

I have literally no use for it. It's just gotten to the point of driving me over the edge haha. Really frustrating. Was hoping I could switch it to something like File Explorer, or Chrome. Maybe even to Recycle Bin. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Run Registry Editor (regedit)

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey\18

Create there a String Value and name it ShellExecute. Double click on it and set a new value.

The value can basically be any command you want to run like path to chrome executable, explorer for File Explorer, shell:RecycleBinFolder for Recycle Bin, shutdown command whatever. Or leave it empty if you just want to disable it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Run Registry Editor (regedit)

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey\18

Create there a String Value and name it ShellExecute. Double click on it and set a new value.

The value can basically be any command you want to run like path to chrome executable, explorer for File Explorer, shell:RecycleBinFolder for Recycle Bin, shutdown command whatever. Or leave it empty if you just want to disable it.

HP Recommended

Would I just type something like "Task Manager?"

Edit: Got it working. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.