cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
BENJG
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Replacing PCIe NVME TLC M.2 SSD

HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15z -en000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings!

I am planning to get the Omen 15 Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060 variant with two 256GB PCIe NVME TLC M.2 SSD. I was wondering if I can upgrade it i the future with 1TB PCie NVME M.2 SSD? I'm actually not sure what makes the 'TLC' variant different from a regular NVME  SSD. Are they interchangeable?

At the same time, will the omen support 32GB of Ram? 

Thank for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hydemus
Level 4
106 105 11 20
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you can change your SSD to 1TB... But, because your product version had already installed 2 slots of SSD,, you should replace one of them with your new SSD... Dont forget to backup your data before replacing a new SSD... Dont worry about TLC, MLC, QLC, etc because they interchangeable... And for consumer, it just mean difference performance and price... Just choose what best for your budget...

This laptop support up to 32Gb RAM DDR4-3200Mhz based on HP spec...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Hydemus
Level 4
106 105 11 20
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you can change your SSD to 1TB... But, because your product version had already installed 2 slots of SSD,, you should replace one of them with your new SSD... Dont forget to backup your data before replacing a new SSD... Dont worry about TLC, MLC, QLC, etc because they interchangeable... And for consumer, it just mean difference performance and price... Just choose what best for your budget...

This laptop support up to 32Gb RAM DDR4-3200Mhz based on HP spec...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax

View solution in original post

BENJG
Author
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation