Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 17t-w000 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having issues with my Omen laptop, the number 3 key hasn't been working as well and my wifi disconnects with out reason or warning.  It was only my Omen that was having issues with staying connected to our network.  Recently, after wiping and reinstalling my OS, some sweet tea spilled on my keyboard.  At first it seemed like just the numbers 5, 6 and F5 keys didn't work.  The other keys on the left side of the laptop worked, they were just sticky.  Monday night my keyboard stopped working all together.  I couldn't even unlock my laptop with the on screen keyboard.  It had just done two different updates so I thought that might be playing a part in the problem.  After getting into my computer, I decided to reset it again.  I was hoping that the issue with the keyboard was a software problem and resetting would fix it ... it did not.  While resetting I got an message, ""A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM".  This was the first time I had gotten this message.  I wasn't sure what to do, googled it and ultimately rejected/declined.  I am not interested in buying another laptop.  I want to fix/upgrade my current Omen (17t-w000).  I have had this laptop for 5 years, LOVE everything about it.  It is not a laptop that I travel with much but I do like being able to take it with me when needed.  I know it could use some upgrades, just not sure what parts to buy for the upgrade.  Of course I need a new keyboard, but I have no idea which one to get.  One site has a list of 18 different keyboards.  Another site has a list of 4 or 5.  Neither side has any real description as to what they are, and of course no pictures. I would like a new graphics card, (current is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965m).  I have an Intel 802.11ac (2x2) wifi + Bluetooth 4.2 combo, I am not sure what I would need to replace/upgrade this with.  I have 2 hard drives, how long do they last?  Is this something I should look at replacing now or am I fine to leave them? (128 GB SSD + 1TB 7200 rpm).  I would like to increase my RAM from two 8GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, do I just put in two 16GB DDR4. The last thing is my processor, I have an intel core i7-6700 (2.6 GHz up to 3.5 GHz) 6MB/4 core.  If I am upgrading everything else should I upgrade my processor as well?  Is it worth upgrading all these parts?  The only other thing I was looking at replacing was the USB port(s)?  I have 3, and they are pretty loose compared to my sons newer laptop.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't just use my Omen to game, I run my business with it as well.  I am currently dead in the water on all fronts.  I would really like to be operational again by this time next week at the lastest.  Thanks. AJ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.