Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my Laptop in 2019 with 8GB of DDR4 2666 SDRAM.

Multi tasking between gaming and web browsing Laptop is peaking to 80%, and FPS on some games has frame rate lag.

I essentially need more ram.

My laptop has intel core i7, with GeForce GTX.

I've had an interest in purchasing corsair vengence DDR4 2666 So-Dimm RAM 32GB. Does anyone here know if this RAM has any incompatibility issues with the system BIOS? Will the MHZ threshold also be bottle necked and throttle backed to roughly half of th eRAMS full potential?

I've been told the bios is intentionally programmed to throttle back 50% mhz rate to prevent CPU/GPU over clocking using unbuffered RAM. Is this true?

I have left the link here : https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance%C2%AE-Series-32GB-%282x16GB%29-DD...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@OmenGamer79 

Factory installed RAM on my HP Omen 15-dc machines (Samsung)

SamsungR.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

It appears no matter what RAM one may add to the board its throttle backed at 50%.

I wonder if it would be better to get a lower Mhz response DDR4 RAM due to the throttle back bios in the system configuration.

It will be less expensive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.