Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Another bios firmware update, this time version F.13. I installed it hoping it might address the issue. No luck.

HP Recommended

@liudr wrote:

Another bios firmware update, this time version F.13. I installed it hoping it might address the issue. No luck.

Same, I just got my laptop back from HP Support. They installed the firmware update (presumably "F.13 Rev.A" from 9 April) but the problem persists as before.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem:

• Mini Displayport connected
  • Updated BIOS
  • No wireless adapter in windows

The fix:

• Shutdown
  • Remove ALL cables, including mini displayport and power
  • Press and hold power button for 15sec
  • Power-on again

Now works. Wifi works, mini displayport works.

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for posting a solution. Now, if I did what you described and boot up and get connected to wifi and miniDisplayPort, then I put my laptop to sleep, and then wake up, will I have wifi back? The solution isn't permanent if I have to repeat it every time the wifi goes out, which was exactly what I was doing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.