Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dc..
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop Screen.jpg This pattern occurs when leaving a browser window open while the laptop goes into standby (the screen goes black to save power). The pixels go absolutely mad in a random pattern when waking up the laptop by moving the mouse. Nothing serious for now since I can make it disappear by just moving the cursor around or changing to another browser window. It will not occur again until the laptop goes into standby. Recently I have updated the BIOS through the HP Support Assistant so I am not sure if that could be the cause. I could use some help with this before things actually start to affect the laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bogdan2603 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Screen becomes pixelated after stand by.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...t

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers and updates 

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

If the issue still persists, please uninstall the graphics drivers and update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.