Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought my HP Victus 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop on July 2022 and HP says that my warranty only lasted until October 2022. I thought all HP laptops came with 1 year warranty so I'm really confused about this short warranty. What can I do to get this 1 year warranty?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The reason there is not at least a minimum of a 1-year warranty on your notebook remaining is because HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

So, the more time that has elapsed since the notebook left the assembly plant to the time you purchased it, the less time there is on the warranty.

There are two methods to have the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

1. Submit an online warranty dispute:

HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status | HP® Customer Support

2. Contact HP customer service starting at the link below.

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

You also may be able to initiate a support request via the HP support assistant program that comes preinstalled on your notebook. 

HP Recommended

I'm still confused because my warranty information says that the warranty started on July 11, 2022 (I think this was my purchase date) and ended on October 8, 2022. If the warranty was based off manufacture date, wouldn't the start date be a lot earlier than July 11? I can't seem to find my receipt so I don't know if I could even file for dispute without proof of purchase.

91cff3aa-559c-42f9-b3e6-c13f748d2bed.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

I doubt there is any way the purchase date could be the same as the warranty start date unless you had already disputed the warranty.

It would be impossible for a PC made in China during the week of July 11th to have made it into your hands on July 11th.

Unfortunately, without a purchase receipt there wouldn't be any way that I know of to dispute the warranty.

If you bought the PC online, you should be able to reprint the invoice.

Since this is a peer-to-peer forum and we don't work for or represent HP, you will have to contact HP customer service to see what options you may have.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.