Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@gamer1o1

Welcome to the HP support community.

Recommended steps should help recover the last known working BIOS, and if that doesn't work, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same problem for me. After BIOS Update my laptop going to sleep mode/hibernation in games after 15 minutes. So this is a problem from January 2020 and still its not fixed? Does HP even know about this issue? How much should we wait or can we get F.05 rollback fixed?

HP Recommended

@codovsky8 You could attempt a BIOS recovery,

Although, before we do, here's what I'll need:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

If you wish to proceed with the BIOS recovery: click here for steps,

And If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked my hardware through the BIOS and everytjing works fine according to the hardware tests. The hardware isn't the problem, the BIOS is, we ar not able to rollback to F.05, is HP working on a BIOS update or do theyact like it didn't happen, we all get the same problem at the same time: when we updated to F.08. According to HP support all of these people have a hardware issue at the same time. now we know HP knows about the problem, the question is: Are they working on a new bios update/rollback or are they just pretending it didn't happen? PLEASE let us know about progress

HP Recommended

I gave it for a service to see if it was the dust particles or fan that was messing it up. But it wasn't. The service center cleaned my laptop and added a new thermal paste as well but the issue still persists. It is definitely the bios update that caused this. Otherwise before my laptop was working fine.

HP Recommended

I did a bios rollback and it worked. And now the issue isnt there anymore. But i am experiencing a FPS drop on CSGO and i cant seem to change it. I had 120 FPS before and now i have 60fps and there seems to be some choppiness whilst playing. Other than that the laptop is working fine.

HP Recommended

Which steps did you follow to rollback the BIOS?

HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/RANDOM-SHUTDOWN-AFTER-BIOS-UPDATE/m-p/7714583#M30872

Also follow this thread and let's focus all our comments on one thread so that HP does something regarding this.

I'm sick of a showcase gaming laptop. Can't play anything

HP Recommended

@tej1602 nthing is working bro just fix ur bios thats the only problem anyone's facing right now plz fix it contact ur higher authority and tell them about this thermal issue in new bios

HP Recommended

I just followed the steps provided by HP for the bios roll back. Hold down the windows button and B and hold the power button for 3 seconds. And it should automatically go to the previous bios version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.