Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15-ec-1073dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My New Hp Pavilion Gaming Power 15- ec-1073dx has a problem in charging. It Charges very slow . Example: Now at 79% charge it says 4 hrs and 9 mins more to fully charge which is surprising. Sometimes it gets fixed with several restarts but continues again. I am not sure if other also have the same problem. I need a fix to this serious Problem. I even tried HP support assistant and run battery check but it says everything ok. Let me know If anyone knows the solution.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ABH17

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is getting charged slowly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107431.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI fossette, 

Thank you for your support and the 2 methods of solving the problem. So what happened with the methods is that upgrading the bios did nothing but uninstalling the driver worked for some time and after 2 3 times of charging and  discharging upto around 50% it again started saying 5 hrs remaining until fully charged. So the solution was only a temporary solution to be honest.  Let me know if there is a permanent fix for it.

HP Recommended

@ABH17

I recommend you install all the Windows updates and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
  2. Go to settings (gear icon).
  3. Select the Update and Security icon.
  4. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)
  5. Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.