Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-Cx0009ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,I'm having an issue with sound as it lowers itself like 30% (like 70% is 50%) whenever i run any audio[content removed]

the issue is happening when I first open the computer and run any audio, tried to run my laptop without any physical device ( mouse and a fan ) but no result , i could get a temporary fix by changing sipital audio and turning it off again, but the sound lower itself again shortly with any audio running, the issue does not happen on any external device or with Bluetooth headset, more like the audio green bar with my headphone is same as audio when the issue happens over my laptop speaker. which on my headphone is loud, but laptop would be so low, i suspect it has something to do with bang and olufsen EQ or audio boost failing to do it's job.

i tried to reinstall the audio driver and deleting its software, and even did a reset, but still the same issue.

i tried versoin 6.0.1.8536 but the issue still present, also windows update downlaoded 6.0.1.8619 versoin of realtek high definition audio  and same result.

the driver provided in my laptop driver page is outdated ( uses 2019 versoin ) and i'am unable to apply it.

I'm using:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎04

OS build 19042.964

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

the issue was from augest 2020 and till now and there is no fix, please do provide me with a fix 😞

i wanted to note that "some times" like 10% of times, the audio would have no problem, so i would not suspect it's a hardware issue, but i leave it to hands of experts.

i have latest updates from my support page ( bois , drivers , etc.. ) and there is no updates from windows updates

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Ayhamo 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
              https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103883.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for the help, but it says install failed with this error

install realtek HD audio driver faliure!!

Error code [-0001], could i get help with such issue, and my driver is now High defintoin audio

and i'd like to note that with the generic microsft driver, the sound is same as when issue happens over the realtek driver, but it's really low, unlike with realtek one which is much higher in sound

HP Recommended

it's been 2 days since i replied to you regarding that the installer failed with error -0001

could i have anythere driver that does not fail?

Regards.

HP Recommended

---UPDATE--- if any support could read it please! it's important bug
after further investigation into the issue, I had the problem when I play with bluestacks, but that is not the case always.
so I disabled HP NOISE CANCELATION in B & O app, but I see that the issue got fixed it seems, but when i used my headphone and unplung them after, when i set the audio at 25% or below, there is no issue , but when i increase it above that, the issue happens agian, and it could be fixed by changing sptaital audio to on then off once.

also, while i'am using my mic , there would be no issue for 5 mins, but then suddenly the audio lowers it self, when disabaling it, it seems the issue does not occur

as I said in my message the audio seems to be affected by something that is normalizing/lowering it, so I disabled noise cancellation, and the weird behavoir is happening while it's working in the same time?, so i suspect it's a program bug.
Right now I'm using Realtek audio driver version 6.0.1.8536 with the date 2018-09-11, and the windows update is suggesting me to update to version 6.0.1.8619 date 1/15/2019.
as I have identified the source of the issue being HP noise cancellation, do I update and disable it? or never update to keep the (almost? )stable and working one?
Thank you

HP Recommended

I too have been experiencing the Audio Volume lowering itself with my OMEN 17t... I was poking around in the audio settings and found that I do not have a setting regarding "HP NOISE CANCELLATION" within my Bang & Olufsen (OMEN audio control) application. When I boot into any Linux distribution, the audio does not have this issue, therefore this is directly related to the Windows Driver. When I uninstall the HP RealTek driver, and install the Generic RealTek driver, it seems to get better for the first 5 minutes or so, before becoming nearly inaudible playing music or performing an audio call of any sort. This is the same result as with the HP provided "Bang & Olufsen" RealTek drivers, specific for my model... HP seems to disable the ability to view/access some of the default RealTek settings as well, so perhaps there's something enabled by default from RealTek, but we just cannot get to it since the GUI doesn't exist with the "B&O" and "Omen Audio Control" applications. It also is not possible for the generic driver to install the standard "RealTek HD Audio Manager" for some reason, as I have tried multiple ways to restore the generic GUI, rather than the branded version. 

I have deemed it's best to use a USB Headset with its own Audio Processing Card, as the sound card by "Bang & Olufsen" (even though it's just RealTek with an expensive name attached to it to make it look premium/pretty) is just the most budget cut thing on the lineup... I didn't expect this from a "premium" gaming machine. 

HP Recommended

@Ayhamo 

I don't know why I did not get notification when someone replies the post. Now do the same as on my previous reply but using older drive

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96442.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ayhamo_0-1620910629029.png

I'd like to point out that i was testing some updates in the previous week, and found that the one that windows downloads by default , 9/11/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8536 , this one exactly, has no issue with sound whatsoever, the only time the issues start to happen is when i use the microphone, the sound would have no problem for like 3 min, then the sound breaks and start to lower itself as i said in the original post of mine, and the only way to fix it is by restarting the computer, I did disable Hp mic noise cancellation in B & O, but still, the problem persists, so with this, i can confirm it's a software-related issue, and both drivers you gave me did not install.
for reference, here is my windows version, and so because both driver you gave me where incompatible with my windows, here is my version:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version         20H2
Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎04
OS build       19042.985
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.